Monday, October 24, 2016

Chap 3- Lesson 4--- Broadening Teaching Perspectives: Teacher Exchange Programs

We cannot hold a torch to light another’s path without brightening our own.--- Ben Sweetland

I learned that in order to become a global teacher, I should broaden my teaching perspectives, expand my experience, and adapt changes. And participating in teacher exchanges programs will be beneficial and opens for more opportunities.

    I realize that there are lots of programs that a teacher can engage with, like; Visiting International Faculty Program (VIF), Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program , Canadian Exchange Program, to name a few, which make a teacher more competent, knowledgeable and more sensitive towards others. At first, I had no idea that this can be a great help regarding on classroom management but as it is discussed by my professor, I see that a teacher who participates in teacher exchange programs can contribute to the development and improve the school management of the school where he/she belong.

    As a future teacher, I must involve myself in non-stop learning. And for me to be able to provide quality education, good guidance and help my learners to improve themselves, I should be aware of things that will make me progressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment