Monday, October 24, 2016

Chap 3-Lesson 3--- Multicultural Diversity: A Challenge to Global Teachers

All men are pretty much alike. It is only by culture that they are set apart.—Confucius

I learned that in a classroom with diverse students, the teacher must provide various approaches in teaching. A teacher should be sensitive enough when it comes to the learner’s language, race, socioeconomic status, gender, ethnicity, culture, and religion. I learned that in order to address these differences, the teacher should avoid stereotyping as well as biases. And to achieve harmonious relationship within the classroom, the teacher should ensure all students have an equal opportunity to participate in class discussion and supply activities that can foster collaboration and develop intercultural relationships.

               I realize that in multicultural classrooms is not merely to create awareness of the differences between students but broadens the horizon of a teacher. Since the teacher considers the student’s background and experiences, he/she can expand his/her knowledge and strategies as well. I also realize that through this setting the students will unfold concern, compassion, and charity towards others. Also, in mainstreamed setting, the learners with exceptionalities will be exposed to a broader opportunity.

              As a future teacher, whether my future students and I have different backgrounds, I must never discriminate. And as their teacher, I should look each of my learners as a unique individual. Furthermore, I see that the information shared from this lesson should be kept in mind and the guidelines offered from this discussion must be followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment