Thursday, September 29, 2016

My Philosophy of Teaching

Since “existence precedes essence” I believe that every child has the right to understand themselves, know their capabilities and appreciate their unique talents. I believe that education is the best experience for the learners when they enter school. And in order for them to enjoy their life, I think a teacher must fully understand their uniqueness. As an educator whom entrusted for providing quality of education, I must facilitate learning with consideration of their interests, capabilities, and talents. I must equip them with the tools necessary for their success.           

In order to accomplish these objectives, I think the most important is to make every learner feel comfortable and confident about themselves. I believe that an educator must provide variety of experiences that will turn them into creative individuals and be able to express their views. Open and honest communication will serve as firm foundation to unfasten a democratic environment and the students will interact harmoniously with each other as well as with their teacher.

Academic learning must be appealing, inspiring, motivating for the students. The teacher should apply passion in sharing knowledge so the students will participate actively. Also, the learning must be like a journey for both parties. To achieve this active learning, as a teacher, I must give activities, projects, and lessons that are relevant to the student’s life and can make the learners discover their own preferences and strength.  Through this, the students learn effectively.

In addition to ensure the learner’s better future, I am prepared for whatever challenge I may face in this profession. And promise to provide a responsible and honest education to my learners. Moreover, I must not be judgmental and never force my values towards them. And as an existentialist, I believe that “values are personal.”



No comments:

Post a Comment